Description : Managing Director Monsooq (Job Ref. 1551). Company : Mondia. Location : New Cairo
WHAT WE DO | Our talented teams create tech that connects brands to people via meaningful content that impacts their lives in positive ways. By understanding where the markets are going and where technology fits in; we use our knowledge to identify solutions that boost businesses and shift user experiences.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT | What makes us a leader in our industry, and different from other international digital tech companies, is our ability to tailor or custom create our offering to solve business challenges.
WHERE YOU FIT IN | We aim to build an inspiring organization with an engaged and high performing culture. We believe in possibilities. We connect to the future. Think unlimited digital potential, global reach, limitless content, unreal experiences, real connections… now imagine the direct impact you could have in this landscape. If you eager to work in an inspiring, dynamic environment and collaborate with like-minded people, we want to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a dynamic and driven Managing Director Monsooq to drive the growth of our newly launched digital market place Monsooq. The purpose of this role is to provide visionary leadership and build Monsooq’s team and drive all aspects of the business as the managing director, develop new growth opportunities, ensuring profitability and a consistent focus on quality. The MD Monsooq will have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on how Monsooq grow’s up to be the bigger digital place in Africa and beyond. The position will be in Cairo, Egypt. You will be responsible for:
- Building and managing Monsooq’s team across all functions.
- Owning Monsooq’s KPIs across all functions.
- Responsible for the commercial targets and geographical rollout plans.
- Securing partnerships and driving customer excellence through effective business relationship management
- Managing all support functions ensuring a continual focus on collaboration and results that delivers consistent customer centric outcomes
- Attracting, developing, and retaining Rockstar talent
- Reporting to the VP of Digital Products.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the business in the most profitable direction while implementing its vision, mission and long term business goals. You will be insanely focused on data and highly analytical. You will need to be a thought leader and have exceptionally high ownership, excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to work with agility in a fast-paced environment. Candidates with experience in one of these industries would be strong contenders - Telco, Fintech or Digital Monetisation. Other qualifications include:
- Candidate should have an excellent network within Telecom Operators within Africa & MENA.
- Background in a startup environment building a digital marketplace (e-Commerce).
- Proven P&L management and business leadership experience building up a business from a startup state to being profitable.
- 10+ years industry experience within B2C/B2B2c and strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- 5+ years of experience managing teams
- Demonstrable commercial experience within the digital and ecommerce industries.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English is essential and the local language is a distinct advantage
- Ability to commit to travel 25% of the time within the region as well as (where necessary) overseas