Description : Tech Lead (Job Ref. 1387). Company : Mondia. Location : New Cairo
WHAT WE DO | Our talented teams create tech that connects brands to people via meaningful content that impacts their lives in positive ways. By understanding where the markets are going and where technology fits in; we use our knowledge to identify solutions that boost businesses and shift user experiences.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT | What makes us a leader in our industry, and different from other international digital tech companies, is our ability to tailor or custom create our offering to solve business challenges
WHERE YOU FIT IN | We aim to build an inspiring organisation with an engaged and high performing culture. We believe in possibilities. We connect to the future. Think unlimited digital potential, global reach, limitless content, unreal experiences, real connections… now imagine the direct impact you could have in this landscape. If you eager to work in an inspiring, dynamic environment and collaborate with like-minded people, we want to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of our Tech Lead role is to create and maintain Information Technology & Product strategy in line with stakeholder needs. You will be responsible for translating business goals into usable technology products and in keeping up with current best practice in the field of IT and Product.
This includes driving accountability for systems deployment and monitoring across operational surfaces.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Participate in solution design and work closely with software architect to ensure that the design and architecture is correctly applied.
- Participate in development of new products and maintaining the existing solutions.
- Support other team members in their technical problems and decision.
- Apply code review and ensure that best coding practices are adopted during the implementation.
- Active involvement in the continuous improvement of our processes, methods and tools.
- Utilize team efforts and skills by directing them to the correct paths.
- Participate in technical interviews and technical assessments to other technical candidates.
The ideal candidate has exceptionally high ownership, excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to work with agility in a fast-paced environment. They would also be insanely focused on demonstrating excellence in service delivery and problem-solving; breaking down complex information into understandable and actionable items. You will be a visionary leader who is self-driven and able to work independently.
Other qualifications include:
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent and at least 5+ Years of experience in software development.
- Having very good experience in enterprise java including Servlets, JAX-RS, JPA, CDI
- Having very good experience in Java 8+
- Very good understanding for object-oriented concepts and software design patterns
- Experience in open source technologies including Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Apache CXF
- Experience in working with databases like (MySQL and MongoDB) and able to design optimized database schemas.
- Experience in implementation of portals using node.js
- Having experience in build tools like Maven and source control tools like Git.
- Having very good knowledge in Agile methodology and its practices.
- Knowledge of Groovy/Grails is a plus
- Good leadership and coaching skills as well as good English communication skills
- An active member of a strong technical team, working closely with them to ensure proper delivery of system features with the highest possible quality.
- Competitive salary
- Premium medical insurance (including spouse and children)
- 24 days annual leave
- Mentorship and career growth
- Entrepreneurial working environment